Friday 3 September 2010

New warmblood brood mare purchased

Whilst searching for another tiny pony to join the party herd here, I fell upon a beautiful 6 year old mare who wasn't too far away.
She is very well bred, was imported as a 4 year old from Germany and appears to be very sweet natured.
She's not been in work for some months as her previous owner was working away, so I'm hoping to bring her back into work-I'm really hoping that she'll ride and move nicely and that I can do a couple of dressage competitions with her-we'll see! Her real job will be to produce gorgeous foals as at 25, my 'old' mare is a bit too old to produce another foal, which is a real shame as her 4 year old son moves beautifully and can jump too.
I'm off on Sunday to collect Kandi and I'll do some lungeing with her first before getting someone far braver than me to have the first ride!
I'm really quite excited-it's been 19 years since I last bought a horse for me.
Watch this space for our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment