Tuesday 11 January 2011

While the cat's away the ponies will play

So, like everyone else it seems, I have been struggling with a VERY nasty cold over the last 3 weeks which has made me feel sans umph which is most unlike me. (Don't really get the opportunity with 4 ponies, 3 horses, cat dog hubby and 2 children!).
I'm afraid I've let me normal pony regime slip somewhat ie they've been allowed to stay out 24/7 rather than being under enforced stable curfew at night! This simply meant I didn't have to muck out all the stables!
What a bad idea-one particularly clever pony is able to get into my heavily guarded hay shed and either spends all day in there muching and mess-making OR her latest trick is to pull a bale of hay (weighing around 25KGs) through the barricade and into the field where she can munch outdoors.
Well, you may think that this is a help to me. NO NO NO. All it means is that the little monsters eat far too much hay than is good for them!
Well I'm almost back to what is normal for me! and ready to tackle those munchers. That's their belated Christmas over indulgence done for the year, now time to return to their diet regime!
Watch out ponies, I'm back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment